The reorganization meeting will be Tuesday, May 21 at 3:30 at Borough Hall.  Newly elected commissioners will be sworn-in, mayor will be selected and professionals will be appointed.  This is an open public meeting. 




It is a requirement that we notify all pet owners about the new New Jersey animal cruelty laws that became effective in 2018.  To read the "Guide to Prevention of Animal Cruelty Laws", click the following link:

guide to prevention of animal cruelty laws



2019 Budget Adopted

The budget was adopted at the May 2 commission meeting.  For the second year in a row, there is no municipal tax increase.  To view the budget documents, click the links below.

2019 Budget Message-final

2019 budget document

2019 User Friendly Budget



A new monthly program started Monday, March 4, 2019, where seniors get together each month for various programs.  Some of the topics will include the following:  


  Session one, Family History and how to start researching

  Session two, Local History from Mt. Ephraim to Camden Co.

  Session three, Book Club/Book Exchange

  Session four Hobbies/Interests


We will continue to meet the first Monday of each month at 1:00pm at the Dougherty Senior Center on Station Avenue.  Programs are free and there is parking in the back and easy access.  Come out and get together with your friends and neighbors for some exciting and interesting programs!



           Request for Qualifications for

              Professional Services


The Borough of Mount Ephraim solicits statements of qualifications from applicants for appointment to the following professional positions:  Municipal Attorney, Consulting Engineer, Bond Counsel, Municipal Auditor, Planning Board Attorney, Planning Board Engineer, Insurance Risk Manager and Financial Advisor. Responses should address the general criteria and mandatory minimum criteria for the position sought.  All responses will be treated as confidential and reviewed only by the governing body, unless otherwise required by law.  Responses must be received in the office of the Borough Clerk of the Borough of Mount Ephraim, 121 S. Black Horse Pike, Mount Ephraim, NJ, 08059, no later than 11:00am on Wednesday, May 8, 2019.  Respondents are required to submit three copies of their proposal.  All responses shall be opened and announced publicly immediately thereafter by the Borough Clerk or her representative.  Responses will be reviewed by the governing body.  All appointments will be announced at a public meeting.  Unless otherwise noted, appointments shall be for the fiscal year of May, 2019, through May, 2020, and subject to the execution of an appropriate contract.  For the detailed criteria for each position, click the link below: 2019 CRITERIA FOR RFQ PROF APPTS




For the full list of meeting dates for the Borough of Mount Ephraim, click here:

2019 meeting dates




We have dedicated volunteers who are working to trap, spay/neuter feral cats.  They can always use more help.  If you are an animal lover and would like to get involved, or to report feral cats and/or kittens in your neighborhood, please call Borough Hall at 856-931-1546 and ask for Terry or email boroclerk@mountephraim-nj.com.  We can always use food and monetary donations to help pay for the spaying/neutering.  Food and money can be dropped off at Borough Hall. 


Online payments for taxes and sewer

We now accept online payments for taxes and sewer.  Be advised there is a fee for this service as follows: 

        e-check or ACH debit-$1.05; Debit card-$3.95;

         credit card 2.95% of payment amount.

Click here to make an Online payment for taxes and sewer




Any organization that wants to conduct a basket auction, 50/50, designer bag bingo, or any other kind of raffle must have a license.  The organization must first be licensed by the state of New Jersey to conduct games and then a separate license is required for each game to be held from the municipality where the games will be conducted.  For more information on obtaining a gaming license from the state, you can go to the Legalized Games of Chance Control Commission website. Once you have your gaming license, contact the Municipal Clerk to obtain a license for the individual games to be held.  Paperwork for a raffle/bingo license must be received a month before your scheduled event.  We must have three notarized and originally signed copies of the application.  Each application must be signed by two officers of the organization.  Contact the Municipal Clerk at 856-931-1546 or via email at boroclerk@mountephraim-nj.com.   






          Pictured from left to right:  Commissioner "Traz" Tovinsky,

              Mayor Joseph Wolk and Commissioner Andy Gilmore.