Joint Land Use Board
121 S. Black Horse Pike
Mount Ephraim, NJ, 08059
The Land Use Board (LUB) functions under the authority of the Municipal Land Use Law of New Jersey. The Board examines existing and potential development in the Borough in accordance with state and local regulations.
The duties of the Land Use Board members are to ensure that building, zoning, and uses or desired changes to the properties within Mount Ephraim are consistent with the Borough’s Master Plan, Borough ordinances, and the community’s vision for the town.
The Board is authorized to:
- Create and adopt a Master Plan, which is subject to re-examination every ten years
- Review all major and minor subdivision and site plan applications
- Review conditional use applications
- Recommend amendments to land use ordinances for submission to the Borough Commissioners
- Review requests for variances and certain building permits in conjunction with subdivision, site plan and conditional use approval
Our Land Use Board consists of nine (9) members and four (4) citizen alternates as follows:
- Class I: The mayor or the mayor’s designee
- Class II: One of the officials of the municipality other than a member of the governing body
- Class III: A member of the governing body to be appointed by the Borough Commissioners
- Class IV: Six citizens of the municipality appointed by the Mayor
By Borough Ordinance, the Mayor may appoint four alternate Class IV members to the Land Use Board. These members may participate in discussions of board proceedings, but may not be able to vote unless a board member is absent or disqualified.
Current list of members: Land Use Board members
Joint Land Use Board Secretary: Tara Weiss
Telephone: (856) 931-1546, ext. 205
Hours of Operation: 8:30am-4:30pm (Monday-Thursday)
The Joint Land Use Board meets once per month on a Monday at 7:30pm and reviews land use applications that come before the Board. If you would be interested in being a member of the Joint Land Use Board, please contact the Board Secretary at 856-931-1546, ext. 205 or email email@example.com.
Pursuant to the provisions of the “Open Public Meetings Act,” the following is a schedule of regular meetings to be held by the Joint Land Use Board for the year 2021-22 in the Borough Hall, 121 South Black Horse Pike at 7:30pm. For updated information on each individual meeting, be sure to check the home page of the borough website or email the Board Secretary.
2022-23 Meeting Schedule
- Monday – July 11, 2022
- Monday – August 8, 2022
- Monday – September 12, 2022
- Monday – October 24, 2022
- Monday – November 14, 2022
- Monday – December 12, 2022
- Monday – January 9, 2023
- Monday – February 13, 2023
- Monday – March 13, 2023
- Monday – April 10, 2023
- Monday – May 8, 2023
- Monday – June 12,2023
Online applications from the Joint Land Use Board