Department of Public Works
33 Linden Avenue
Mount Ephraim, NJ, 08059
Telephone: (856) 931-2529
Fax: (856) 931-4285
Hours of Operation: 6:30am – 2:30pm (Mon-Fri)
Director: Michael “Traz” Tovinsky
Manager: Joe Ciano
Supervisor: Jim Beebe
Supervisor-in-Training:Metal Pick Up We are trying to keep the “Junkers” from stealing Mt. Ephraim’s money. The only way we can do that is with your help! When you have metal to recycle, call 931-2529 and we will be there the same day to pick it up, Monday through Friday 7:00am to 2:00pm.
Download Information from DPW
- Trash/recycle guide
- Single Stream Recycling Information
- Recycling Electronics
- Disposal of Latex Paint
MT. EPHRAIM TRASH AND RECYCLING GUIDE
|Glass, Cans, Plastics, Aluminum||Every Thursday||Plastic–Only 1,2,3,4,6|
|Paper, Cardboard||Every Thursday||Remove Styrofoam|
|Brush||Every Monday||Tied in 4ft Lengths|
|Scrap Metal/Iron||On your trash day||All metal objects|
|Concrete/Asphalt||1st & 3rd Mondays of Month||Neatly at Curb|
|Stumps/Logs||2nd & 4th Mondays of Month||Neatly at Curb|
|Leaves||Special Pickup/Nov-Dec||Rake to Curb|
|Grass||Mondays May-Sep||Trash cans – NO BAGS|
|No more than 5 cans or 10 bags|
- Please keep recyclable products off of the street, three (3) feet from trash and ten (10) feet from storm drains.
- No trash or recyclables created by contractors will be collected by the Borough. (Concrete, Cut Trees, Construction Debris, Carpet)
- No trash can should weigh more than 40 lbs.
- 2×4’s, wood and brush must be bundled and no longer than four (4) foot lengths.
- Plywood and fence material should be no longer than two (2) feet x four (4) feet and bundled.
- Please help keep all inlets clean of debris!
- Regular trash pickup is every Wednesday/Friday (Please do not put trash out until 12 hrs. prior to trash day). Please keep all trash and debris 10 feet away from storm drains.
Please keep recyclables (metals, papers, yard waste) separate from regular household garbage.
All curbside pickup must be out prior to the first scheduled day in your zone.
The Borough will not pick up roof shingles created by a contractor or home owner.
Camden County collects the following items- Empty Propane tanks, Asbestos shingles, Computers, Batteries, Paints, Pesticides, Fuels and Related Products – Drop off dates and locations will be available at the Borough Hall and the Borough Garage. The Borough will not accept or pick up any of these items.
Rake leaves to curb.
Keep leaves and brush at least ten (10) feet away from storm drains.
DO NOT place leaves in bags.
Notification will be placed on telephone poles one (1) week prior to pickup.
Per Ordinance No. 742:05, all pet owners and keepers are required to immediately and properly dispose of their pet’s solid waste deposited on any property, public or private, not owned or possessed by that person.